Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paintballing

 Saturday (the 2nd) was Camrann's birthday, and his fabulous wife planned a surprise paintball party in Morgan, UT, at Action Center Paintball. I must admit, I was afraid to go.  I have heard horror stories about the pain associated with paintballing, and was terrified to get hit.  The first game, I stayed behind a bunker and screamed, "this is stupid," and didn't fire my gun once!  I was shot in the knee the second game, and I'm still sporting a bruise from the impact.  I'm not sure that the amount of fun was worth the anxiety and pain, but I think I need to give it another go before I make a fair assessment.
    
Thankfully, I had the courage to move by the third game, and I even shot and "killed" Pedro (my badass black belt bjj instructor).  I only shot one person, but that was all I needed to feel satisfied with my participation.
    
If you get a chance to go to Action Center, I highly recommend it!  The shooting areas were well set up, and it was a lot of fun to be outside and play around for hours.  The employee that was running the place for the day played with us, and was gracious enough to let us play for two hours beyond what we paid for.  The only downside to paintballing is the cost of paintballs- the group purchased five cases of paint at $64 per case...you do the math.  It can be a tad pricey, but it was worth every penny, just don't be lured in by the low cost to rent the field. 
    
We ate sandwiches and Vanessa The Scientist baked a delicious carrot cake, it was a fantastic birthday party for one of the best guys that I know!  Happy Birthday, Cam!
Pedro, Cam, Tseitel, and Ben loading their guns.

No comments: