Monday, January 16, 2012

Best Part of Being an Adult No.2

One of the best parts of being an adult, you ask?  One of the best parts of being an adult is owning (almost) a car.  Sure, I have a car payment (thus, the previous "almost"), car insurance, car maintenance and gas to pay for...but, I get to leave places I don't want to be.  I also get to drive to the places I would like to visit, jam to great songs, listen to NPR, and have some occasional sex in my very own car.
I have anthropomorphized my car to an almost unhealthy extent.  His name is Warren Sapp.  He looks like a football helmet, which is why I named him after a football player, and when rocks hit "him" I say "ow," because I instinctively think it hurt his "face."  I'm a little weird sometimes, deal with it.  My little Toyota Yaris sedan can park anywhere, gets between thirty-four and forty miles per gallon, and is cute as hell.  The payments and gas are worth it.

Having a car is a really great part about being a very fortunate adult.  Afterall, Saudi women aren't even allowed to drive, because if they start to drive the country will lose all of its virgins (wtf?, who knows? read about the claim here).

No comments: