Thursday, November 19, 2009

It Really Is Wonderful

I like reading The New York Times and drinking chai tea; I can't stress enough how much I absolutely love reading the news. If I believed in souls, I would say that reading international headlines warms mine.

Lately I have been feeling a bit negative, and it makes me feel gross. I really have a very happy life, and my days are filled with a million positive things.
For instance, I don't have to wear a burka, and that is great.
Female genital mutilation isn't something that I have to fear (personally.)
I am fortunate enough to pursue my education, and participate in the free exchange of ideas. When I want to eat food, I can choose from an array of options. I don't have to grow or kill anything for sustenance, and that is bitchin.
My friends are some of the best people on the planet. I have an amazing job, and a healthy body. There isn't a single day that I don't get to look outside and see the sky. I laugh more than most people, and I'm surrounded by love. Why do I feel so negative sometimes? I suppose it is normal, but I won't stand for it! For every negative thought, I'm going to verbalize three great things in life, nobody likes a Negative Nancy.

No comments: