Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Great Things

Remember the Halloween party we put on?  The one with all of the little kids. The one that was so much fun, but affirmed my fears about children ("baby, we can finish what we started in the car after the kids are asleep" *horrified looks**life changing.split.second.silent decisions*), yeah, that one.  It was totally worth it, because we received this in the mail:


 dear Chelsea and ben: thank you for inviting me to the parrty and for the pizza.  thankyou for leting me sleap over, I had a lot of fun.  thank you for the awsom goodi bags


love, Jarom

Jarom is such a brilliant little man, who is so lucky to have parents that are instilling old-school manners in him.  Really, the "thank you" card is virtually lost in our society, but this six year old makes it look so good.

Speaking of awesome.  Jarom's  fabulous mom bought us a really great piece of calligraphy on Etsy (I wish I knew the name of the artist, but I don't), and I am finally getting around to hanging it on our wall.  (Sorry, Tse, you know how hectic life can get.)  The picture doesn't do it justice, it is so beautiful.


"The library connects us with the insight and knowledge gainfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contributions to the collective knowledge of the human species.  I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries." -Carl Sagan, Cosmos

No comments: