We had a barbecue to celebrate Father's Day, and Alexis' birthday, and I made Sangria for the first time! It was a huge hit, and I will definitely be doing it again. I made a red and a white Sangria. Definitely check out the recipe that I used!
For the best party sangria, you will need:
- 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges 1 Lime cut into wedges2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (I left this out)
- 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen)
- 4 Cups ginger ale or club soda
Thinly slice all of the lemons, limes, and oranges, then give them a squeeze into the best pitcher you have, add the wine, and toss the fruit into the pitcher. Add the sugar, and chill overnight. Right before you serve add fresh strawberries, and the sparkling soda of your choice. I am telling you, it is delicious!
For the white Sangria you will need:
- 1 Bottle of white wine (Riesling, Albarino, Chablis, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 oranges (sliced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1/2 liter of ginger ale or club soda (ginger ale for those with a sweeter tooth!)
There wasn't a drop of either Sangria left, it was a real hit!