Friday, June 24, 2011

Inappropriate

Questions that you shouldn't ask:

  •  "When are you having a baby?"
    • Never.  Simple enough for ya?  This question seems to always be preceded by rants about how much the activities for kids  cost, the latest vomit or poop story, and talk about how romance has gone out the window because, "when you have kids, your priorities change."  Here's a tip, if you want to convince someone to have kids, maybe you should invest in some eye cream to eliminate those bags under your eyes; just a thought, but really, the sleepless look and the aggravated rants aren't convincing anyone.
  • "How much money do you make an hour?"
    • This question will never be appropriate.  Never, under any circumstance should you ask someone how much they make an hour.  Seriously.  Just don't.
  • "When are you getting married?"
    • The next person that asks me when I am getting married, (because this happens multiple times per week, usually by the same people), that person is getting punched in the face. When I answer "we're not in a hurry," or "I don't know," or "we're not ready for that," I don't appreciate the obvious scanning and the up and down looks.  No, there isn't something wrong with my relationship.  Thank you very much.
  • "Didn't you just have a baby?"
    • No, I didn't, but now I may have a desire to jump off of a building.  Unless you saw a baby vacate my vagina, or I tell you I just had a baby, keep that one to yourself, stupid.
  • "What did he/she/you go to jail and/or prison for"
    • People make mistakes, and those mistakes are probably not something they want to relive with you.  If you don't know, there is a reason you don't know.  I hope the next person that I witness asking this questions gets the response, "I killed someone for asking me too much personal information."

Some questions should be left to your therapist, gynecologist, and best friends.  Just some food for thought, people.

No comments: