Friday, May 20, 2011

The Funk

I have been desperately and hopelessly sad this week.  I think it is the weather.  I think it is the lack of gym time.  These short periods of sadness are completely normal, and are just one of the features of life, but I'm ready for it to stop. 

Yesterday had some highs and (core of the earth) lows.  The highs for the day were: (1) taking Logan to the Nickelcade and Baskin Robbins for his birthday. WIN; (2) going to Mekong Cafe with Cam, Tse, Jarom, Sofia, Vanessa, and Ben. BIGGER WIN. (3) Tse bought us a great piece of art for the house.  I don't have a picture, but it is calligraphy on a fantastic, thick worn piece of parchment.  There are hand drawn ivy leaves and open books surrounding one of the most beautiful quotes ever:

The library connects us with the insight and knowledge, painfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contribution to the collective knowledge of the human species.  I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries.  ~Carl Sagan, Cosmos

I need to focus on the happy things from the week.  Ugh.

No comments: