Sunday, May 8, 2011

Good Eats

Wednesday was my last final!!!  To celebrate we went to the gym, and I did a little muay Thai, while Ben did a little jiu-jitsu.  My leg is finally healed, so I can kick with both shins!  It is such a good feeling to not be broken!

After the gym we celebrated the end of the semester with some barbeque!  We went to Goodwood Barbeque in Draper.  I had never been, but everyone that I know loves this place, and I can't say that I disagree after going.  Goodwood BBQ, Co. has a handful of locations in Utah and Idaho; the food is reasonably priced and delicious; the service is amazing, and it is clean and well-decorated.

To start, we ordered the "small" spinach and artichoke dip.  The bread that it comes with is to die for!


I ordered the brisket sandwich with a side of fries, I drenched both items in their delicious "Sweet and Sassy" sauce.  Let me just tell you, I am a sucker for brisket.  Brisket is something that you can eat with your fingers (always a plus in my book, I eat like a caveperson), and you can smother it in sweet and spicy sauces, what could be better?  The bread they served the sandwich on was delicious, and the red onion they served it with complemented it so well.  Everything on the plate, down to the pickle, was delicious.  I stuffed myself after a hard workout and I still had half of the sandwich left...the sandwich tasted even better in the morning!

Ben's plate was massive!  He went for the platter with pulled pork, brisket, potato salad, and barbeque baked beans.  The pulled pork was divine, and so was the potato salad!  I'm not a huge fan of beans, but the beans were good too!  Again, the portions were gigantic!


Our server was amazing, if our drinks dropped even the slightest, she swooped in with a new one, and then when someone else would walk by, they'd remove the empty glass.  It is nice to see good customer service that is alive and well.  That being said, the service was good without being too in your face.  Now that I know how good the food is, we'll definitely be visiting there more.

2 comments:

collette charles said...

goodwood is soooo good! plus all the phallic jokes that come along with the place... :)

Chelsea Kilpack said...

There may have been one (or thirteen) jokes about penises at the table...