Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Going Back

Ben may be going back to Maui for work again, which is something that conjures up mixed feelings.  I will miss him terribly, but the money is really good, and he loves the place so much that it is hard to feel anything but happiness for him.

The past few weeks I have been thinking non-stop about our trip to Hawaii.  I can't help but get butterflies when I think of the excitement of being picked up from the airport (it had been over a month since we had seen each other)!  I also can't help but think of the overwhelming sadness that I felt on the ninth day when I had to leave Ben for another month.  I cried the whole last day (off and on).  My visit to Maui was the most extraordinary visit that I have ever experienced.

I am seriously considering applying to law school in Hawaii.  I would love to go back and make a life there, even if it was just for a short period of time.

View from Hana Highway

Bamboo forest hike

3 comments:

MeganDan said...

if i could find jobs for dan and i he said we could go for a couple of months to a year. it is so hard to find jobs right now though :(

collette charles said...

life in hawaii is honestly unreal and you should do it. :) probably while he is gone you should come over for dinner so you don't have to eat alone. :)

Chelsea Kilpack said...

@Meg, it is so hard to find jobs!
@Collette, that would be wonderful! I want to see your awesome house before it sells, and meet your lucky husband!